Happy New Year 2017


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
January 1st 2017
Published: January 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Happy New Year!
As often happens in Asia the afternoon leading up to the new year turned stormy and the heavens opened! And I mean opened! the rain poured down for about 30 minutes drenching the beach. Many of the restaurants had spent all morning setting out tables and chairs on the beach adorning them with white and gold table cloths and pretty bows of ribbon on the chairs. I felt so sorry for the staff who had to dry it all off and start again!
Luckily by 5pm the rain had cleared and the celebrations got underway big time.
Sharon and Scott joined us and we all went to Thai cat restaurant together for dinner.
Jake and Kyla performed their ' fire show' for us again. They're becoming little experts!
We moved onto Funky Fish restaurant for Micky mouse dessert where Kyla lay down quietly and fell asleep . Jake on the other hand was full of beans due to a long afternoon nap.
They left about 11pm and we joined the party in Jam Bar which soon overflowed onto the beach for midnight.Hundreds of people seemed to appear from nowhere!
Scores of lanterns were set off into the night sky followed by fireworks at midnight.
Everyone hugged everyone else whether they knew them or not and toasted one another in every language possible.
At 1am we retreated to bed and promptly fell asleep. I woke at 6.30am to hear the music still pounding away. If finally stopped at 7.30am.
Needless to say this morning is a very quiet affair. We made our weary way to Funky fish for breakfast at 10.30 and I have to say I felt very sorry for the staff. They work tirelessly from 7am to well past midnight every day but they ALWAYS have a smile for you.
Happy New Year 2017!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb