All Change


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
December 31st 2016
Published: January 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

After two weeks in our bamboo hut it was time to change. As we got closer to Christmas every where is becoming much busier and our hut was pre booked by someone else. Luckily the owner of the resort had a vacant air con room so we moved into that for a week. Only two doors away so no big hassle. Three times the price but nice to spoil ourselves now and again.
I have to say I'm enjoying the air con and hot water shower, not to mention the fridge. I think for a while we can be referred to as 'flash packers' rather than 'back packers'!
We have been off exploring and found our favourite part of the beach, right at the far end of Long Beach away from the crowds and close to rocks so OK for snorkelling.
There's also a well hidden path, tucked away behind the disused bar that's made from Rock, it goes through the jungle to another tiny bay.
As the new year approaches a few of our newly found friends are moving on to other islands but we've promised to keep in touch.
We've spent quite a lot of time child minding too as Sharon and Scott have been Ill with a stomach bug, followed by them having to move rooms and then struggling to book flights for the next leg of their trip as the internet connection at their place kept crashing.
Not that that was a problem, we enjoyed every bit of it. At last I'm beginning to feel like a proper grandma!
Well everything's hotting up for New year's Eve so watch this space for more 'fun in the sun'

***Please scroll through the ads for more photos***


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb