On the road again


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Northern Thailand » Phitsanulok
November 8th 2014
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.82, 100.27

I go out for the breakfast this morning as Jai was still dozing.
We were talking about staopping another night largely so that I could watch Eng v NZ on TV here tonight. In the end we have decided to stick to plan and return overnight tonight. With breakfast over we take a tuk-tuk to the Arcade bus station and discover that is it now possible to get a bus straight from here to Roi Et avoiding the stopover and bus change etc at Khon Kaen. We havent done this before or travelled with this company before so fingers crossed everything works out. Surely it has to compare favourably with the trip here ?!!
We eat lunch in our roon then I walk to the internet in glorious sunshine. Typical as it is our last day here.
Pack bags then walk to B&B bar to say goodbye to whoever is around phoning mum en-route. I was intending to watch NZ v England rugby league but had got my timings wrong and only saw the second half. Turns out that Ben was planning on having a BBQ tonight and a few people were driving into town to say goodbye to us. Nobody told me so they will have to say goodbye to us in our absence !
Grab a imple fried veggies and rice on the way back to Kong Court then shower, change, and finish off packing bags.
Check-out just before 18:00 and I am definitely not looking forward to the travelling.
Tuk-tuk to T3 at Arcade bus station in plenty of time for or 19:00 departure and have to sit waiting for the bus to arrive for a good half hour. First impressions are good. It is a relatively new, big bus with comfy seats and plenty of legroom.
We leave on the dot of 19:00 which I guess is another good sign and are soon leaving Chiang Mai behind us for another year, two, three ... ?
I usually ignore the movies that they show on these busses as obviously they are in Thai. Tonght they are showing The Fast And The Furious which is then followed by 2 Fast And 2 Furious. Dialogue is not req uired for either of these and they hold my attention for a few hours. We pass by Lamphun without stopping and the bus has no problems climbing te hills to reach Lampang in good time. Continuing through Denchai and Uttaradit it doesnt seem to be too long before we are making our break near Phitsanulok. Drive on past the IndoChina junction where I notice that the furthest place named is Kunming, China, at 1469km. Very glad we are not going there on this bus tonight !!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb