Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Little India
July 5th 2012
Published: July 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After about 30 hours of travelling, 18 of those being on a plane, we have arrived safely in Singapore. Since we are staying here for the night, our main focus was to find somewhere to stay and grab some grub. One of the areas backpackers can find "affordable" accomodations is Little India so we thought that would be a great place to go. There were a number of hostels in one block and chose to stay at The Inn Crowd. It costs a little more than we wanted to spend ($17/bed/night) but with free wi-fi and free breakfast it was much better than a couple other places around. It's going to be our first dorm-style sleeping and the guy that has been sleeping all day filled the room with a lovely aroma...not. In the words of Tyler "Get used to it". Honestly, overall, it's a really cute place. Seems well kept and tidy, the lounge area has enough different seating. I've been eyeing the massive bean bag chairs but they seem to always be occupied. We haven't cracked into a beer just yet, but I'm sure we will before the night is done and it is a third of the price here than any bar or even variety store. We spent the day wandering the tight streets of Little India and managed to find a dirty little Indian restaraunt called Mubarak where we had some great curry. The hole in the wall places can definitely make some of the best food.

In our exhausted state, I hope this has been riveting information for all of our avid readers (lol). I'm going to finish my tea, have a shower, maybe enjoy a brew and then sleep sweetly until my alarm at 6am. Early flight tomorrow, but we will be getting to Yogyakarta at around 2pm and we're definitely pumped to start our Indonesia adventure.

Catch ya'll later

xoxo Ty+Becs

Advertisement



5th July 2012

Singapore - Little India
Very cool, your first taste of this adventure! (No pun intended)...look out Indonesia ..... here they come! xoxo Mom
5th July 2012

Eating out in Singapore
Singapore is a very nice city..Peoples are very good
4th August 2012

Information
This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new posts, once again hats off to you! Thanks a ton once again, Regards, Via.com offers Cheap hotel booking, and Hotels in india Tickets, For more information’s on online hotel booking Please check on via . com

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb