Grande Singapore.


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Little India
September 16th 2023
Published: September 16th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Grande Singapore! I’m by the hotel pool listening to the formula one cars doing their thing around the circuit here. I can’t help but listen despite the fact there are several high rise buildings between the Marina Bay district and our hotel. There’s Grande Prix merchandise in the stores and according to the hotel reception there will be people everywhere so we will just have to put up with some disruptions. We wanted to go to the gardens and we will but I’m certain we will be sharing the experience with heaps of others. We are in the Little India district and not by any stretch of the imagination near the F1 action so I can only just contemplate what the noise and hubbub must be elsewhere. This afternoon we will do a Little China walking tour but that should be fine. The weather is hot ish and sticky but the clouds are rolling in and some are surprisingly dark. I expect one of those tropical downpours that get you wet but don’t last long. We are on the 17th floor of our hotel, and that’s not the top! That coupled with the F1 and general busyness of Singapore is a huge contrast with the car free environment of Loutro that we left behind just a couple of days ago. And here the plethora of food outlets is almost too much. They are everywhere. And they cover the spectrum of tastes, cultures and cuisines. Obviously lots of outlets for Indian food around us but even that culture is divided up into several sub cultures so the choice is huge.

Took us 3 flights in a sort of a day to get here. I say sort of a day as there was no ‘real’ sleep other than snatches on planes In between leaving and arriving. Don’t know how or why any airline schedules a plane to leave at 3 am but that’s what happened to us. But the time zones have narrowed and the distance to Melbourne been decreased markedly.

Time for a small snack then we are off on a walking tour.

So caio for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb