Malaysia Day 14


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Langkawi
May 31st 2009
Published: June 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 14 Ah Pulau Langkawi. Just the place to chill out and relax around the pool and have a leisurely holiday on a tropical island paradise.

Today, as will everyday we went to Cactus for breakfast where the average cost is about RM10 or about $4. As we did last night, we met up again with the crew that run the breakfast shift and most of them are the same people that were here last year.

After that we came back to the hotel for a swim for a few hours and then headed off to Kuah, the main commercial heart of Langkawi. There we spent a few hours wandering around the streets, in and out of shops, all at a very slow pace. I was a bit pissed off (not really) that the bottle of spiced rum I bought at Pantai Cenang was only RM35 instead of the RM60 that I paid. I thought I had a good deal at the original price but c’est la vie.

After a few hours we decided we were hungry and realised it was 6pm so we headed to Langkawi Fair Shopping Centre for a bite to eat before heading back to the hotel.

We then headed to Cactus for dinner and as usual we were welcomed as old friends. Even the first timers to Langkawi now realise why Gina and I keep coming back here. The majority of people that we have met in Malaysia are friendly and helpful. I think in the past the mutual dislike of each other by Paul Keating and Mahatir Mohamad had probably negatively tainted Australian attitudes towards Malaysia.




Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



1st June 2009

Awesome
Peter I must congratulate you on your blog, it is very informative and a joy to read. Maybe you do a sideline in writing travel articles. Love to you all, Carole

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0192s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb