Sunday in Moshi and The First worship service in Marangu Mwika


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Marangu
March 9th 2008
Published: March 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Marangu Mwika Church of ChristThe Marangu Mwika Church of ChristThe Marangu Mwika Church of Christ

and their first Sunday to meet together
This morning we all went to Moshi for the group's 1st African Sunday morning worship. Matt Richardson taught a great Bible class and we had one come forward and repent of sins before the worship even began. Then Grant led us in a few English songs and Richard (one of the local brethren) led us in Swahili songs, Brad Taught an amazing lesson, and Rick led us in Communion. Then we had one, ask to be added to the Lord's church in Baptism. A great morning from the very start! The Samfords and Hochdorfs both came down to worship with us as well, so we had a houseful. 102 in attendance at Moshi today.

The men had a business meeting and the guests and I went to eat lunch before heading up the mountain to Maraungu to hold the first ever worship service there.

There were 35 Total in attendance this evening for the first ever worship service in Marangu Mwika. There were 17 local Tanzanians from the village and Timothy came from Moshi to translate and then 17 Americans present as well. It was a great day to see the birth of a new and exciting congregation. Rod delivered an excellent message and we had many questions and follow up studies set up following the late afternoon service. There was a flat tire waiting for us when we got to the truck, but everyone was so thrilled about the turn out for worship, that no one seemed to mind standing around waiting for Brent and Rick to change it out with the spare on the back. Then after traveling back into Moshi, we had all been invited to Abigail's house for a traditional African meal of beans & rice, chapati, cabbage, and Ugali. Everyone got a belly full and loved the experience! It was so kind and generous of her to open up her home to this large group, and we are humbled by her perfect example of love and genuine sacrifice.

It's been another Amazing day in Africa!
Love The Richardson Family


Additional photos below
Photos: 81, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

The typical home...The typical home...
The typical home...

when we go door to door
A great morning in Bible ClassA great morning in Bible Class
A great morning in Bible Class

Josephat interpreting for Matt


10th March 2008

aweosme pics.
those are great pics.
12th March 2008

Thanks!
We've really enjoyed getting to see the work that's been going on in Marangu, my Dad (Rick) seems to have really enjoyed himself and we loved seeing all the wonderful pictures. My husband and I hope to be able to meet your family one day, we love Matt, Pam, Nicole and Andrew and are really looking forward to seeing them this weekend. We'll be keeping your family and the mission in our prayers for continued good work! In his love, Marci
27th March 2008

Pictures via 2nd and Adams website
These were most interesting and inspiring! Thanks so very much for sharing as I know and love many of these Americans! God Bless!

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0698s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb