Richardson Short Report 3/9/08


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania
March 9th 2008
Published: May 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

If you were to look up Murphy's Law in the Dictionary, the definition would read like this:
Murphy's Law - A missionaries life in a third world country....
Actually I am not sure what it would read it just seems to us that this week especially has been one that has challenged our faith, as well as the faith of a few others. On Sunday Night we received a group of campaigners from Oklahoma. Two congregations represent this group. One is from Sayre, and the other from Elk City. The plans were to establish a congregation in Marangu beginning on Monday. Well a dead battery and three flats later, we arrived Monday morning to find out that those would be the least of our concerns as the week progressed. We had trouble with the government giving us permission to preach and teach, we had trouble with translators, we had trouble with dogs, furniture, plumbing, the Internet, and a purse. Now let me elaborate on just a few, one day we received a phone call from the young lady that works at our house helping Julie with the laundry and things, she had said that the house was flooded. A water line under the sink busted and went into primarily my office, in which the books and extra bed were on the floor. Water was standing everywhere. About one hour after we had cleaned it up, I received a phone call from the furniture company who was building our book shelves, to tell me that they were now ready to be picked up. So George Jensen graciously helped us pick the bookshelves up, and to not fault of his own, Accidentally ran over one of the dogs coming in the gate. Later that same night Julie lost her small purse while eating, in it was her phone, camera, Driving license, credit card, and some other things. This sums up only one of the last five days, and this was one of the better ones....

But the campaigners continued on with a smile, never complaining. The good news is that 3 have obeyed the gospel, and we will hold our first worship service there in Marangu on Sunday. On a sad note, one of our campaigners, Nancy Hartman, received news from home that her son, Tim Hartman was in a fatal plane crash. Nancy along with another campaigner, Danny, were able to get on a plane the next night to get home. They have arrived safely, and they will have a memorial service for Tim, on Saturday. Please keep all of the Hartman Family in your prayers as they struggle during this time of great loss. I have known Ralph and Nancy for the last few years, what a wonderful family they are and they have. Here is just a little glimpse of Tim. For many years he has flown Medical Missionaries and the like, There were two sub-divisions of houses around where Tim was able to put the plane down. Even in his death, he was considering the greater good. Thank you Ralph and Nancy for raising such a wonderful son, Our hearts and prayers are with you in your loss.

This last week has been by no means what we expected it to be, But never the less good was done. To date three new members have been added to the Lord's Body. Over 15,000 tracts have been distributed, well over 175 bible studies have been conducted, and on Sunday, a new congregation of the Lord's people will begin meeting in Marangu. I an so thankful that even in our weakness, God is still strong and able to exceed anything we can hope, or dream, or imagine...
Thank you to all that make it possible for us to be here. Thank you to all who decide to come visit this work first hand. With out you, we could not be here co laboring with you in increasing the borders of the Kingdom. Check out Julie's Travel Blog when you get a chance, as she has been adding new pictures of each and ever days activities. Until next week, or that great day we see one another in heaven, we love and cherish each and every one of you.


With Love From Africa,
Brent and Julie and Family
011 255 783 087 090
www.tanzaniamissionreport.com
PO Box 1727
Arusha Tanzania, East Africa

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb