Background: Great Britain, the dominant industrial and maritime power of the 19th century, played a leading role in developing parliamentary democracy and in advancing literature and science. At its zenith, the British Empire stretched over one-fourth of the earth's surface. The first half of the 20th century saw the UK's strength seriously depleted in two World Wars. The second half witnessed the dismantling of the Empire and the UK rebuilding itself into a modern and prosperous European nation. As one of five permanent members of the UN Security Council, a founding member of NATO, and of the Commonwealth, the UK pursues a global approach to foreign policy; it currently is weighing the degree of its integration with continental Europe. A member of the EU, it chose to remain outside the Economic and Monetary Union for the time being. Constitutional reform is also a significant issue in the UK. The Scottish Parliament, the National Assembly for Wales, and the Northern Ireland Assembly were established in 1999, but the latter is suspended due to bickering over the peace process.
Photos from Wembley
Blogs from Wembley
Latest Blogs from Wembley
- June 14th 2013 LONDON!!!
by Words: 592 Photos: 0
- January 13th 2013 Topophilia, Wembley.
by Words: 1835 Photos: 1
- September 18th 2012 Arrived at the backpackers and started training
by Words: 901 Photos: 0
- March 28th 2012 Wembley Wednesday - England v. Holland Friendly
by Words: 30 Photos: 2
- September 5th 2011 Chapter 3 - DAY 13 - London (Wembley)
by Words: 842 Photos: 4
- May 20th 2011 Sailing begun ! But I am still at the shore !!!
by Words: 151 Photos: 1
- April 5th 2011 Concert of a Lifetime
by Words: 1446 Photos: 9
- May 4th 2010 Back home & next steps
by Words: 531 Photos: 8
- September 19th 2009 Day 6: The Concert
by Words: 365 Photos: 18
- April 24th 2009 Good Bye London
by Words: 94 Photos: 3
- April 23rd 2009 Saying good bye
by Words: 128 Photos: 13
- April 9th 2009 Trip Preparation
by Words: 94 Photos: 1
- March 15th 2009 Pre-Travel Jitters
by Words: 391 Photos: 1
- September 7th 2008 A Celebrate JESUS Day! - To pray for the peace & healing Of England.
by Words: 3040 Photos: 2
- June 10th 2008 Into Month 4 . . . What have I seen?
by Words: 429 Photos: 13
- June 6th 2008 Foo Fighters @ Wembley Stadium
by Words: 16 Photos: 8
- March 20th 2008 Preparations
by Words: 83 Photos: 0
- March 19th 2008 - 8 days
by Words: 105 Photos: 0
- March 17th 2008 Its all about FEAR vs LOVE!-England(& the West)today.
by Words: 3735 Photos: 1
- February 6th 2008 Golden balls
by Words: 335 Photos: 15