Day 255 Argentina, Puerto Iguazú.


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
July 30th 2015
Published: August 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi,



We arrived in Puerto Iguazu at around 0900, so only 1.5 hours late, and found our hostel Noelia quick enough, however, they made us wait till 1200 to check in so we caught up on the internet and I even had a swim…yes people it was 27 degrees up here so it was finally time to ditch the ski coat and bring out the flip flops!! So happy!!! The hostel also decided to add an extra 21% tax on to our 3 night total fee, which we found it hard to dispute in Spanish, so we just emailed hostel world instead to sort it out. Hostel world are saying we don’t have to pay it but the hostel is, so if we want to stay here then I guess we’ll have to pay it. Grrrrr.



After getting into the 6-bed dorm we locked up our bags and then headed out to find lunch. We had lunch in this local restaurant where you paid for the weight of your food, I liked it but it was a miss for Vick. As I eat so much it was actually quite expensive in the end!



We had a walk around the town; booked up our tours to the famous Iguazu Falls on both Argentina and Brazil sides (online at ‘Viator’), and looked up our travels to Brazil. We’ve decided to go to Bonito after this.



After having a relaxing afternoon we cooked a dinner of pasta and a ready-made sauce, it was cheap and good. We drank our bottle of wine in secret with the meal as we’re not allowed booze brought out of the hostel.



We watched a Grimm before bed and had a good nights sleep.



Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.314s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 63; dbt: 0.1042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb