The Amazing City of Buenos Aries


Advertisement
Published: June 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we started with a trip to San Telmo, one of the oldest areas of the city, and also the home of Tango, the Sunday antiques market lined the streets, with street performers every where, playing music, dancing the tango, using magic etc, the ambiance was amazing, cobble stonned streets, beautiful architecture, cafes, and artists, it was totally alive.

This afternoon we took a city bus tour, taking in the main sights of this beautiful city, much of the cities architecture reflecting on its European routes, you could almost mistake yourself as being in Europe somewhere, we also expericed the extremes of BA from the opulant and exclusive Recoleta to the slums, we visit the colourful La Boca, which was definetely a highlight, in one of the cities poorest neighbourhoods where it is certainly advised to stay on the tourist path this area was alive, with the colourfully painted buildings, bustling with art cafes with free tango shows, it was a fantastic place to end our city tour. Tomorrow we will head back to Recoleta to visit the cemetry in which Evita is buried, before boarding a bus in the afternoon for a 40 hour trip down South to visit El Calafate and the glacier.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb