Comedy of Errors at the Hot Springs ...
... I've never seen a restaurant screw up orders so badly before - we ordered the Rio Sample Platter, which should've had beef tenderloin, pork tenderloin, chicken breast, smoked pork ribs, shrimps, French fries, BBQ sauce, and cilantro aioli. Instead, we received the Fifth Avenue Platter, which included fried mozzarella sticks, chicken fingers, buffalo wings, fried shrimp (which actually turned out to be grilled shrimp, instead), onion rings and carrot and celery sticks. Oh, and they screwed up and forgot the garlic bread that should've come with the Fifth Avenue Platter, too!
Our entire group's order should've been:
- Two pastas with shrimp; they received two pastas with bacon.
- A Road Kill Burger, with two patties and bacon and cheddar cheese; he received a blue cheese burger.
- A Cobb salad; she received a Cobb salad, but with no dressing.
- A Turkey club sandwich; he received a Philly Cheesesteak.
- I ordered an orangeade (an orange version of a fresh lemonade), and I received a can of orange soda ...
It really seemed as if the chefs went "To hell with the order, we'll give them whatever we have in the kitchen!". And the funny part? When our platter came, the waiter kept arguing that yes, it was the Rio Sample Platter, and not the Fifth Avenue Platter, despite the evidence. When it came time for the bill, I made it clear that we should only get charged for the Fifth Avenue Platter, which was way cheaper. But then it wasn't even on the bill, nor were half of the items ... our guide Daniel at first made an attempt to correct their mistakes, but when he realized how extensive the screw up was, he just laughed and said "screw it".