Panama Canal 2015 4 Mar. Day 13


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific
March 4th 2015
Published: March 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Really bad news this morning. The captain announces that there is a mechanical problem with one of the ship's generators that prevents us from traveling fast enough to make Cabo San Lucas and arrive in San Diego on time. So Cabo is being dropped. That's the second port of call to be dropped from this cruise. There'll be some kind of compensation, of course, but it's extremely disappointing. Many passengers are angry.

So now we're stuck on board until San Diego. But it's a beautiful prison.

I've given up trying to post my blog. It's simply an exercise in frustration because the connection is so bad. I'll catch up once we reach San Diego.

Entertainment tonight is a rehash of guitarist Fabio and comedian Kevin. My previous comments apply to both. After the show, we head for the Crow's Nest, where there is complimentary champagne to help us forget the dropped ports. It's also happy hour. We meet up with the Norwegian couple we met earlier and spend a fun evening with them talking, drinking and dancing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0934s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb