Picton, the centre of NOWHERE


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Picton
March 18th 2006
Published: March 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The farmThe farmThe farm

This was just outside our farm house, but I wasnt allowed to drive it, in fairness it was covered in fertilser and smelt of shit anyway. (note, the tin shed is not the farm house I stayed in!)
Gudday guys

Well now what have I been doing, since sky diving the other week, I went totally the opposite direction, by spending a week on an organic farm working for accomodation and food. It was pretty cool, really nice family that we stayed with, did nothing but slag off their son for being a nerd, and tell us how much they hate America (the guy was from California).
We only had to work about 4 hours a day for 5 days, and most that time was spent talking or eating grapes.
Just round the corner was ALL the major wineries of newzealand, so we went out for some wine tasting on these bikes the family lent us, got pretty drunk, and as usual, having been to a thousand vineyards, I left with a bottle of beer! But it was good stuff, so dont judge me!

What else have we done, a bit of hitch hiking, thats pretty easy, we were on our way back to civilisation for Paddys day on friday, and couldnt get a lift, this guy Tom who was at the farm is Irish, and was getting quite worried we wouldnt make it back in time,
Sunset on the farmSunset on the farmSunset on the farm

Sunset, mountain range, and wine in every direction for about 50 miles, what more could you ask for?
so he pulled out his tri colour and we got picked up in 2 minutes, brilliant, and then got hammered in a pub full of Kiwis, the fruit I mean, not the people.

Still no more photos yet, stupid internet places dont let you get to the pc, its in a little box, the idiots, but Ive got some cool rafting and sky diving photos still to come!!

Hopefully everyone is cool, sav sorry man, I keep getting emails about references, but I cant fill in the form with these machines, they dont have any software what so ever.
Any of you guys feel like coming out for a holiday and meeting me somewhere? DO IT!, hey hey... do it.

Im off to the Abel Tasman national park for a few days walking and Kayaking - oh yeah Rich, I met this American woman, apparently there is a shit load of climbing here, she brought her full rack with here, and a rope, mental carrying that around the world - but I think you should definately come out to Thailand and bring your stuff, cos it sounds absolutely amazing! That goes for Ollie and anyone else thats wants to quit their jobs, spend loads of money and climb.

Oh yeah, Ive also been learning to play the guitar now too, I'm actually not doing to bad too, its amazing what you can do when your sat in a farm in the middle of nowhere! And I saw a pretty good pub fight where a Maori guy got a thick beer glass, one of the handled deals, smashed over his head, and it shattered, and he didnt even go down! It was cool.

Sweet as

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb