No Wellies Needed In Wellington


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington Region » Wellington
November 28th 2014
Published: August 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -41.2865, 174.776

Some two years later I am finally getting around to doing this blog! Wow!
So after throwing the ring in to Mount Doom, we headed to Napier where we visited my Aunt.
The town of Napier is quite nice with Art Deco buildings and the beach. It's also a handy place for wine lovers although we couldn't really appreciate in that way as we don't really drink wine, although in typing this two years later, we have more of a appreciation and liking of wine.

We visited Te Mata peak with what Anna describes as the classic New Zealand landscape.
We also visited Ocean Beach which is south of Napier and tucked in to a roast chicken lunch while improving our tans.

Then it was on the road to Wellington to see yet another Aunt, via McDonalds in Palmerston North.
We had hopes of settling in Wellington a few years before and although it didn't happen we were glad to be visiting it. Wellington is a great little city tucked within the bay and the hills. Big enough to have a lot going for it but small enough to not feel engulfed in a chaotic way of life.

The museum of Te Papa is amazing with lots of history and information around. The views from the top of the cable car are stunning and the whole landscape around Wellington is enough to keep wanting more.

After Wellington, we headed to Melbourne for James and Hayleys Wedding where I was put to the test with the best mans speech. I think I got a few laughs!




Additional photos below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb