Engagement Holidays!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
November 28th 2014
Published: August 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 44.3667, 3.41667

I always say it but I love going back to France. This time was a bit more special in many ways than others. Anna and I got Engaged!! In the south of France!.
We went for a 10 day camping holiday down in the incredible Gorges Du Tarn.
Our car upgrade started the trip off well, and with a few days at Anna's family's house (and a sneaky engagement approval from Anna's Dad) we found ourselves along the Loire River for our first night's sleep in our new tent.
The Loire was gorgeous. We visited Chateau Chambord and cruised the river side via bike. After two nights we headed down to the Gorges du Tarn and stayed in a small but amazingly situated campsite.
The area around Le Tarn is amazing and beautiful. Saint Enimie was a great little village and we tucked in to some mouth watering French food.
One of the most popular things to do in the Tarn is to go kayaking down the river which is great fun for all ages.
With only a few days left, and as we were packing up to head to a nice hotel that I had secretly booked, I finally proposed to Anna! alongside the river, in French and English.
She said yes of course!
We proceeded by driving around the area with stunning views overlooking the Tarn and including a fortress on top of a weird rock formation.
We went back home via a nights stay in an old chateau where we enjoyed a spa and relaxation.
It was then one last stop to Anna's parents to celebrate!
Ah France, every time I have the opportunity to re-visit I just love it!


Additional photos below
Photos: 100, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.019s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb