The Final Blog


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
June 3rd 2011
Published: June 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

I landed in New Zealand on Wednesday night and made my way to the Skyway Lodge - a backpackers place near the Airport just on the outskirts of Auckland. I found Jonathan eagerly awaiting my arrival. We spent our last night in New Zealand looking at trip photos and videos and shared a feast from Dominos. It was hard to believe that we were getting on an airplane in the morning the past 4 months seem to have disappeared somewhere.

We checked in at the airport and received our boarding passes everything was running smoothly until we hit the security check point. Jon was escorted to the side not once but twice and his bag was searched while I stood laughing at him. Then at the next security point he was taken down a different isle and he asked the guy “what did I win” and he had to take off his shoes and go through yet another security check but luckily he passed again. I knew I was travelling with a suspicious character. We hopped off the first plane at LAX after a glorious 12 hours in the sky and realized quickly that US hospitality just doesn’t have that same warm vibe as the New Zealand airport. I think we spotted a celebrity this time well…. at least she looked like someone who could have been famous at some point maybe. Then we boarded our flight to Toronto and arrived home to JK and my Mom and Dad waiting for us at the airport with big smiles on their faces. I thought I would have a rough time falling asleep my first night back home without people rummaging through their bags, and slamming hostel doors basically without being in a dorm room – turns out I was wrong slept like a baby. Jet leg I am determined to beat you!

This being the final blog from the New Zealand Adventure I just wanted to write a little note to my travel buddy Jonathan. It has been the most amazing 4 months and I feel very lucky to have had this chance to travel with you. Thank you for your supervision.

I hoped everyone enjoyed the blogs throughout the trip. I certainly had fun writing them. (1700 blog hits). Its nice to be back home there are some things about Canada that you just can’t beat.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.264s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.2325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb