Auckland and Waipu Cove


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
December 17th 2009
Published: September 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Waipu CoveWaipu CoveWaipu Cove

Beach right by our campsite.
Today felt really long. We drove up to Auckland, and figured out how to get around...kind of. We had two potential buyers look at the van today. One was a French couple who seem interested, but want to get it checked out by a mechanic, which they said takes a few hours. The other was a German girl who also seemed sort of interested, but I don't think really knew what to ask. Her boyfriend is meeting her in New Zealand later, so we think he may have more of a say in whether or not they get it. We'll see how it goes.
We went to the Auckland Domain Park today, which was really big and nice, but that was about all besides showing the van. We left this evening and started driving north. Tonight we are staying in Waipu Cove, which is right by a really large nice beach. We took a nice walk and found lots of pretty shells as well as empty crab shells. Adam as upset no one invited him to the feed. Also Adam found a tide pool with starfish, hermit crabs, and tiny shrimp.
Tomorrow we are continuing north towards the bay of islands, and then heading back to Auckland on Tuesday. It definitely feels like our trip is coming to an end.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 14; qc: 68; dbt: 0.084s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb