Day 147 Australia, Byron Bay to Sydney.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
April 13th 2015
Published: April 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,



Dale and Cameron called us to let us know that they forgot they were kayaking this morning. It was also raining all morning so Neil and I thought we would wait until the afternoon to hire out free surfboards from the Holiday Village hostel.



As we were leaving late afternoon, we checked out at 10am and then read our books and went on the Wi-Fi for most of the morning out of the rain.



After lunch we hired out two surfboards and walked down to the beach. The waves were huge and crashing over each other so we didn’t have any success. Even the experienced surfers were having trouble. We only stayed an hour and then headed back to the hostel. We showered and then met up with Dale, Cameron, Pam and Lisa where we went back to their hostel (Nomads) for beers. We chatted and drank up until we really had to leave to catch our Premier bus that left at 17.35. We all walked back to our hostel to collect our bags and then walk to bus stop. We also managed to smuggle on pizza for tea.



The journey was 14 hours, so through out the night we tried in vain to sleep across the seats in our sleeping bags.



We arrived into Sydney center at 8am the next morning.



Love V&N X


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb