Day 148 Australia, Sydney, Coogee.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Coogee
April 14th 2015
Published: April 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone,



We got into Sydney central station at 0730 and after asking a few people worked out where the bus stop was for the 732 bus to Coogee, this is where my friends Paul and Suzanne live in Oz, I had worked with them on the Pacific Jewel an P&O Australia ship back in 2011.



Our friends Dale and Cameron had given us opal cards for the Sydney transport system, so we added some cash on to them and soon enough we were on our way.



Lucky we knew the road they lived on and found the bus dropped us off right next to this street, we walked down and found the flat really easily, we were worried it would be hard to find. We found were the keys were they were hidden and quickly got inside the flat, first thing we found was a note from Suzanne welcoming us and giving us Wi-Fi code and saying there was bacon and egg in the fridge!! (WOW spoilt again).



We had a shower dropped everything off and then headed into the city to have a look around.



We got the 373 bus back into town, there were a few buses heading in so if you come here its easy to get into town. (Buses were 372, 373, 374 and M50)



Once into the city we got off at central and walked up to CBD so I could show Vick all the sights, I had sailed out of Sydney for 4 months back in 2011 so had a good idea of where everything was.



Our first stop was the rocks; this was where I used to drink!! Here we had great views of the bridge, the opera house and the cruise terminal. Hope the photos are ok!!! We had a walk in the opera house to see what show were on and had a beer in the orient bar (my old haunt).



After getting all our pictures we headed into the botanical gardens for a nice walk and it was on the way to the art museum. The museum was good and had some good aboriginal art.



We decided to head back to make sure we were home when Paul got back, mainly because we had his keys!!! I was easy to get back and soon enough Paul got home. We had a good catch up and soon enough Suzanne turned up and there other two flat mates Julien and Gemma.



We all had a chat before heading down the bottlo to get some beers and Vick and I headed to Dominos to pick up dinner for everyone. After a good night of chatting and drinking we all headed to bed as everyone else had work the next day we were going exploring!!!



Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb