Day 147 Australia, Byron Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
April 12th 2015
Published: April 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hey Bloggers,



Our plan today was to ride to the famous Byron lighthouse, bikes were free to hire in our hostel and you only had to put down a $20 dollar deposit. (Good deal)



We started off and soon found out the bikes only had one gear so we knew the hills were going to be hard work!!! The ride there was really nice, Byron really is very scenic and a beautiful!! It took us about 20-25 mins to ride to the stop off point before having to lock up the bikes and walk the rest.



We walked up a hill and then down into Wategos beach, there was a surf competition going on for the OAP’s, this was fun to watch but they made our surfing skills look poor.



We walked about 2km more up to the lighthouse but felt more as it was all up a very steep hill. The walk was fairly strenuous and once at the top, the views were stunning of Byron and the surrounding coastline; we saw whales, dolphins and turtle swimming from high up. Well worth the walk, we would recommend. We rode back; I concurred this really steep hill on the way back only to turn around a see the Vick pushing hers up the hill!! Haha!!



We got back and we decided to split up, I wanted to have a read and Vick wanted to hit up all the shops again, so it worked out perfect!! When Vick got back we had the rest of the pasta sauce from lunch the day before, then had a chilled afternoon, swimming in the hostel pool and sunbathing.



In the evening we headed down to the Nomads hostel to meet our mates Dale and Cameron who we dormed with in Hong Kong. Dale’s girlfriend Lisa and her friend Pam were there as well. We had a good drink and catch up in the Railway pub before they shut the place up at Midnight; we made plans to meet up the next day for surfing.



That was all for today!!



Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.1072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb