Day 146 Australia, Byron Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
April 11th 2015
Published: April 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hey Everyone,



We woke up at 8am, for a hostel pickup at 9am from the surf company we had booked to take us to the beach. The surf lesson was free, part of the compensation we received as well as three free nights in Byron from the Fraser Island tour that was a major disappointment. But after getting $170 of compensation back we weren’t so bitter. The surf company was called ‘Style Surf Byron Bay’, we would recommend as we had a really good morning. Although when it says 3.5 hours surf lesson this included half an hour each side for pick-up and drop offs, an hour messing around on the sand practicing ‘banana stand ups’ and then finally just over an hour in the water.



It was great though as we were both catching the waves in, and the surf was perfect for us. Plus I didn’t get cold, which is always a bonus. With the company we could borrow cut off wet suits and water shirts so that kept us warmer. We could have bought photos from a photographer on the beach but we regrettably didn’t at the time as there were some good ones of us surfing in.



In the afternoon had a cheap pasta lunch and then we chilled out. I went for another walk round the little shops. At 7pm we had paid $10 each for the hostel BBQ, it was delicious, most of the hostel got involved so we chatted to loads of people. The $10 also included free entry into one of the bars and a free drink. We should have just gone for the free drink but we couldn’t be bothered tonight so we went to the room to watch some GOT episode.



The German guys we were sharing with came in later and were noisy so Neil had a word lol, always a pain when sharing.



Sorry for the poor photo showing on this blog 😞



Good night



Love V&N X

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb