Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
November 6th 2011
Published: November 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we spent our last day in the Blue Mountains. We acted like tourists and went to Scenic World where we took all of the trams and cable cars over the valley. The tram had a glass floor so you could see all the way down into the canyon and we went over the top of Katoomba Falls. Paul is a whiz driving on the left. We went to a park that is known for wild kangaroos, but alas, there were none but we saw tons of parrots. We stayed near the airport as we had an early morning flight...the room was basic and we were glad to leave.

Now we have arrived in Cairns.....paradise. We are in a top floor apartment right on the beach; gentle breezes, turquoise water, vodka chilling in the freezer for cocktails on our balcony later. We are about to put on our swimmies and head down to the beach. True to form, Aussies are the nicest and most helpful people. The security people at the airport were friendly, chatty, helpful and gave us travel advice.....just like the U.S., huh? There is supposed to be a site nearby to spot more wild kangaroos....we'll give it another shot tonight.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb