Peterborough -The Coldest Place on Earth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
August 24th 2021
Published: August 28th 2021
Edit Blog Post

We were wrong in our last Blog when we said Hawker was the coldest place on Earth, It’s not. Peterborough is!



Before we got away though, we had another drama. Monday night as we prepared the van for a morning departure Greg was ferrying items from the 4x4 and Joan was inside packing away, when Greg announced the door handle had broken off. Really! Lucky Joan was inside because there was no way we could get into the van without that handle. This also meant we couldn’t leave on our trip until this was fixed. It also meant we couldn’t close the door unless someone was inside.



Tuesday morning Greg was up, and back down to Adelaide to source a caravan door handle. By 11.15 he was back with said item, had installed it thanks to Google and we moving out, ‘On the Road again!’



How things can change in matter of 6 short weeks. Most of the many kilometres of road works around Mount Bryan that held us up for long periods last time, have finished. Nice wide, smooth road. No school holidays, so much less traffic. The fuel bowsers at the Terowie Roadhouse have been automated, so no having to go inside. The newly germinated crops were much taller, early canola flowering was just evident. Spring is in the air. And of course, masks had to be worn everywhere.



We arrived in Peterborough mid-afternoon. It looks like an interesting town worth exploring on a future visit. But for this day, it was bitterly cold, we really didn’t want to uncouple the van, it was too far to walk to the town centre and we were tired from the events of the last few days so we simply cranked up the aircon, put on extra layers of clothing, had a stunning steak and red for dinner and crawled into bed early. It really was a 3-doona night.

BTW so far, so good with the new fridge.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0727s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb