Inside Elton...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
March 17th 2007
Published: March 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So.... we got back to Perth today having driven to the most South Western part of Oz (Augusta)... We also spent our first nights inside elton which was more comfortable than expected.

We stayed on a camp site for first night which was excellent very clean also had free to use Gas BBQ's which we of course took advantage of and brought some "Shrimp" to stick on there. Next day we travelled to Margaret River which is a really nice place very holiday type feel... on the way we also stopped at a vinyard and a chocolate factory which mel loved as you will be able to see from the pics... Unfortunately I was unable to try any wine due to being bitten several times a couple of nights before by a mossy and they got infected so I was Anti-biotics!! never mind brought a couple of bottles for when I can!

We then spent rest of day driving to the various coast points and little towns and down a road called Caves road which is aptly named due to having loads of caved on it, stopped at a place called Prevelly which is really nice and has excellent beach and river definately worth a visit.... We then spent next night near Augusta camped on a River literally.

On the route back to perth we stopped at a brewery and which was excellent and got some beers for the trip... i did try a couple of different beers they are all lager type beer they call some bitter but it is lager... they moan about english beer being warm but at least ours has some different flavours!! All in all really enjoyed the whole of Margaret River area and being in elton (a sentence I never thought I would write). Althought I agree with your comment Lila that I am sure that Elton is going to get smaller and smaller (unlike the real Elton) as the trip goes on! We got back this afternoon and went down to the local beach and then to the local aquarium.. we also popped into the local cemetry (more like a park) to see the local family of Kangeroo's which you can see in the pics.

Tomorrow we are heading North hoping to get to Gerald Town or Kalabarri for a next stop then onto Monkey Mia to the dolphin and Shark Beaches! From there who knows... we having been getting lots of horror stories about the north as it starts getting to a more tropical climate the "nasties" start getting worse! But never mind as it looks amazing just have to be careful.. there is loads of jellyfish aparently on various beaches (they do have signs saying no swimming) that can kill... do not understand something that is essentially just water (95%) can harm us, rubbish!



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



18th March 2007

Thanks for pics
Many thanks for the photos of my old house. We had that house built for us and left it after about 2 years - amazing to see how the trees had grown - lawn looked a bit burnt though. When I see that bright blue sky I can't imagine why we ever left Perth. Take care up north - watch out for those redback spiders!
18th March 2007

jellyfish
95% water but you know what you have to do if you get stung?!?

Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb