Perth...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
March 13th 2007
Published: March 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So we have arrived in Perth and so far love it here... we are staying with friends of mum who have kindly put us up for a few nights and have given us loads of great advice on our travel round here and up to darwin.

The afternoon we arrived we got picked up from the airport and driven back to the suburb of duncraig which is about 20 mins from Perth and is really peaceful.... dinner our first night of course a BBQ!! The next day we picked up our campervan from in town and drove back to where we are staying and then onto the beach, which is 2 mins away from the house... the beach is amazing blue seas and white sand as far as the eye can see in both directions!

The campervan is urm... interesting. The company we hired it from 'Wicked' camper vans graffiti over there vans our one is called Elton and has two massive pictures of Elton John on it!! They had elvis and various other ones but nope I get big gay elton john!! Oh well... apart from that it is cool... has a table inside which then folds away making into a bigger bed and then at the back has a sink and a hob thing which you have to take away from van to cook with... they also provide with all bedding equipment and cooking etc. Last night we left the van behind and mark (son of people we are staying with) kindly took us to perth. We went to kings park which is oposite the main city which has amazing views which you can see from the pics (thanks to mark for the pics... he showed us how to use our own camera). He then took us around other parts of the town to see the sights... seems like a really nice city very laid back compared to london.

Today we went on a small road trip from perth to a national park about an hour away to see some koala's and various other wildlife... we then continued up to Lancelin which really nice place and then on way back stopped of at an Estuary which was really beautiful and also managed to buy a little fishing rod and sat doing some fishing (managed to catch 1) with the help of a couple of friendly Austrailians who also gave us some great tips on where to go.... when the weren't taking the p*ss out of us English!

Tomorrow we are heading further south to Margaret River which is about 3 hours away where there is loads of vinyards and apparently some great surfing so me and mel are hopefully going to try get a lesson! Also some Caves etc we plan to go for 2 nights and then head back up to Perth maybe stay we friends again for 1 night before starting the mamouth journey up to Darwin.

Hope everyone is well and we will hopefully update you all soon!

More pic here

Chris and Mel

p.s Rosemary please can you send me an blank email to chriswellbelove@yahoo.co.uk and i will send pics of your old house we are going to pop there on route tomorrow... is only 5 mins away!

Advertisement



13th March 2007

Hello!
Hey you two! Nice to hear from you both, glad your having a good time. Only you would get a camper van with elton john plastered all over it...although the 'other' elton van looks even worse. (btw what does wink and screws like a tiger?) The beach looks amazing, and so do you chris with that lovely beard. Mel - you look, umm, ok! hehe Anywho, keep updating, take care and ill speak to ya later.
14th March 2007

The Beauty
It really looks like you're getting into the rough travel now and bet The Beauty will seem to get smaller and smaller the further you go. The beach looks fantastic. Glad someone else asked "what winks and screws like a tiger" as haven't figured it out and didn't want to have missed the obvious. Let us know next time.

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb