Monkey Mia Dolphins


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Shark Bay
March 20th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post


So we have spent the last few days travelling up North from Perth... we spent our first night in Kalbarri (6 hours from perth) really lovely coastal town... we then spent the next day travelling up to Shark bay which is off the main highway into a peninsula, named due to having lots of Tiger Sharks in the area, we spent the night camped in Monkey Mia famous for its wild dolphins which visit that beach daily. We woke up at 6.45 this morning (had to drag mel out) and saw the sun rise and then the dolphins arrived for breakfast...although they are wild they have always visited the beach to be fed by the local fisherman.. now this is taken over by the wildlife people who restrict the feeding. You stand ancle deep in the water and they swim literally within a couple of feet of you and show off... they then select a few of the best looking people to feed them naturally Chris got picked!! Is a really cool experience as they spend about 30 mins swimming around you and you can watch them fishing.

Sorry this is a short update but in expensive internet Cafe in denham which is a very remote place... infact the whole drive so far has been very remote once you leave perth and get past geraldton you can literally drive for 2 hours with out seeing a single town or another person...is really spectacular scenery!

Also sorry for lack of contact last couple of days but we have no signal!

Will update soon!! Hopefully off on a boat tour later!!

Chris and Mel

xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



22nd March 2007

Dolphins
Im so jealous. It looks amazing. you were living my dream with them dolphins. will show peter your pics when he gets back from albania. Molly says hi. have fun. keep safe. x

Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0787s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb