Western Australia - Geraldton to Monkey Mia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Monkey Mia
October 29th 2015
Published: October 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday 28 October continued

We had access to free wifi, but only a limited amount so had no chance to blog.

Pat sorted out some washing, but we did not have enough AUS$1 dollar coins to pay for the dryer.

We settled down for the night about 10 pm and thankfully I had a pretty good nights sleep.

Thursday 29 October

The birds woke us at 7 am. The kettle went on and we showered. At 8 am the office opened so we got some more coins for the dryer.

We had hung stuff on the communal washing line and between this and the dryer we sorted things.

We finally moved off after 9 am and got petrol and supplies on the way out of town.

Actually on Highway 1 at 10 am.

We drove and drove, had tea and biscuits at a parking place, but basically our next stop was Billabong Roadhouse after 227 kilometres, which Pat drove. The time was 1.15 pm.

We had our first Australian Pie here, beef pie, chips and gravy times two, on a lunch time special of AUS$10 each.

Lunch didn't take long and we were off at 1.45 pm. We had a pit stop on the way, but went through to Denham and filled up with petrol, then on to Monkey Mia.

A very stupid system to pay entry of AUS$16 each into the park and then into the resort. Our most expensive stay yet and we are here for two nights at AUS$94. We had driven another 200 kilometers this afternoon.

We found our pitch and wandered off to the white sand and blue sea. Found the dolphin feeding station for tomorrow morning.

Played a game of pool with Pat and had a sundowner. Back to the van and had some tea.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.342s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb