Leaving Perth for Alice Springs


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Fremantle
September 25th 2012
Published: September 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well yesterday we took the bus and then the train to get into Perth City Centre to check out what Perth has to offer. We had read in our Lonely Planet guide which is starting to be our travel bible that Kings Park was supposed to be one of its highlights.

So get to Perth and another bus needed to be taken to get to the Park. The park main attractions were its botanical gardens and its lotterywest federation walkway. The walkway is a long glass structure that allows you to walk among the treetops. I also read somewhere which I think must have been from the internet that the walkway sways so I was a little bit worried as I do not like heights. Anyway we found the walkway it was ok but to be honest nothing to write home about.

We had a really nice walk around the park and whilst we were there the Wildflower Festival was on which was nice.

We had a walk around Perth city centre and hopped back on the train and bus back to Fremantle - getting used to this public transport.

We are leaving Perth this morning for Alice Springs where we are doing a 3 day tour to Ayrer's Rock - I found out the tour we are doing is normally done by backpackers upto the age of 45 so lets hope they do not mind having a couple of oldies with them! We are also sleeping in swags in sleeping bags so I will let you know what a swag is when we return back to Alice Springs. We start the tour tomorrow at 6am so will not have wifi for a few days so sorry all you readers I will be offline for a few days but just think of the stories I can tell you on my return, ha ha

Hope you are all ok

PS: We saw some real Australians yesterday in Perth - I was begining to wonder if we were ever going to see one, ha ha, everyone seems to be Eastern European - you thought I was going to say English or Poms didn't you!

Advertisement



28th September 2012

Trip to Ayers Rock ( (Uluru)
Well Paula you will be walking in the famous Woolfenden foorprints when you head off to Uluru. I went in 2000 and stopped and at resort some apartments, known as Emu Walk. It was a great place to visit and we flew in and out from Perth Airport to the resort. There was a very large campside with plenty of backpackers of different ages, so I am sure you won't be the oldest :-). Everything is geared up around walking around the rock, at sunrise and sunset and it is a must do, and remember to take you camera with a fully charged battery, as a few people forgot and missed out!!!!! So it is light out around 10 and even the bar closes early!!! Enjoy and get Mike to buy a bushman's hat and let's see the pictures!!
30th September 2012

Hi Carl
It is absolutely fantastic and as I have said in my blog it is not a tick off the bucket list it is more than that. Mike already has a bushman hat as he needed it for Botswana last year, ha ha. Hope you well.

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb