Crabs and strudel


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Busselton
October 6th 2011
Published: October 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We caught crabs. Not the sort you catch when you get too close and personal with the wrong sort of people. We caught blue swimmer crabs this morning using the skeletons of our King George whiting from yesterday and borrowed crab nets. We caught sixteen crabs of legal size. We probably caught another thirty undersized crabs but let them go. It was a lovely morning, sunny and still, so we joined the throngs on Busselton Jetty and tried our luck. We seemed to be the luckiest of the crab catchers today. And we had a great time. We proudly showed our catch when people asked. It is so much more fun when you are being successful. Frank had slightly less fun because he was nipped a couple of times.
We went for a drive down to the Margaret River area again for a traditional German lunch at Duckstein Brewery, with a delicious apple strudel for desert.
A little more touring and window shopping in Dunsborough and then it was home again to cook the crabs which had been put in the freezer to go to sleep permanently.
Richard cooked the crabs and we shared them as an entrée for dinner. Yummy,
Tomorrow afternoon we will be heading to Perth for the weekend. Tomorrow morning we will be trying our luck again on the jetty.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0805s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb