The relative culture of Perth.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Busselton
October 9th 2011
Published: October 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This weekend we had a short break to Perth, catching up with family and taking in a little bit of culture.
We drove to Perth via Mandurah, a once quaint seaside village, now a bustling metropolis devoid of any charm. Sadly, that is what happens to many such coastal retreats once developers move in. Despite the lack of charm, there are many lovely homes in the area, and the estuary is still very pretty.
We have wanted to go to a Polish restaurant in Perth for a while, as Frank is of Polish ancestry, so Friday was our opportunity. Lucky we went, because it has changed hands and was closing two days later, to become yet another Indian restaurant. The food was good and so was the company, with special guests niece Renee and her two boys, Isaiah and Seth. We took the opportunity to celebrate three birthdays, Christine’s, Renee’s and mine.
On Saturday night we went to a Vietnamese restaurant for dinner, which was not good, followed by John Waters performing as John Lennon in Looking Through a Glass Onion. It was a good show, and John Waters was excellent. Not a fan of the Beatles, or John Lennon in particular, I didn’t enjoy the show as much as everybody else, but it was good none the less.
The rest of our time was spent with a niece Amanda and her husband Ben, and a very cute fourteen-month-old grandniece, Maisie, at their home. It was lovely to catch up and their hospitality was very welcoming.
We had a minor catastrophe when packing the car to return home. Richard locked the keys in the boot. Fortunately, I have Total Care with our Auto Club in Victoria, and they organised somebody to unlock the car. We have been rescued by RACV three times now while on holidays. The first time they got our car and us home from Cradle Mountain in Tasmania. The next time we required their service, we had broken down in Coober Pedy in South Australia, and they transported our vehicle and us back to Adelaide. On both occasions they paid for accommodation and a hire car for a week so that we could finish our holiday. It is a fantastic service, and well worth the money. We wouldn’t go on holidays without it.
We are now back in Busselton, getting ready to resume our travels tomorrow. We have enjoyed our time here, and would be more than happy to return in the future. For the next part of our trip, down to the southern part of the state, we will have Christine and Richard for company in Richards van. We look forward to sharing some adventures.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.091s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1008.3kb