Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » South Yarra
August 8th 2011
Published: August 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello from Melbourne.

What a nice city - although it has been a bit chilly today. Had to wear a jacket for the first time. It was still sunny though - bit like a crisp autumn day in the UK. We had a great day today with Darren and Lauren - one very old friend and one new one! they took us around their Home town of Melbourne and we saw much, much more of it than we would have on our own. Had a lovely lunch in Chinatown - Dim Sum, then went to a fabulous cafe for afternoon tea - what amazing cakes!! Luckily, we did plenty of walking so I don't feel too guilty about the cakes....

Did a river cruise and drove down to St Kilda, which is a lovely place. Tomorrow heading to the Yarrow valley (wine making country!!) Will let you know how that goes later....

Here are a couple of photos from Sydney - some fab bats in the park and a firework display in Darling HArbour.

Is anyone still reading this? If anybody from work is - tell Adam that the first thing I saw when I got into Hong Kong train station was a great corridor of giant posters of Chelsea players!



Advertisement



8th August 2011

Bats
"Is anyone still reading this?" Yes of course we are (well I am ) ! Those bats look sort of cute. It's probably too late to say mind how you go at the vinyards. Hope you enjoyed all the samples, and didn't get a hangover.
12th August 2011

Course I'm still reading this!! Your trip is more interesting than my prospective hol in Burnley. The pic of the bats reminded me of the scene in 'Crocodile Dundee' ;-)

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0657s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb