Bondi Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Manly
August 6th 2011
Published: August 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi all ( or few as the cse may be!)
Today I went to Bondi beach to catch a glimpse of the surfers! It was another lovely sunny day, so we sat on the beach and had a picnic. Then had a quick paddle in the PAcific ocean.

We also went to Manly, where there is another beach - a bit more upmarket than Bondi, well an older crowd, anyway. Felt more at home there, though there were more surfers - nearer to my age this time!
The Ferry over to MAnly was good - got a great view of the other side of the opera house.

We also visited Paddy's market - a huge collection of market stalls & picked up a couple of bargains.
This evening, finished up the trip to Sydney with a visit to Darling Harbour for a pint or two of Australian lager and some fireworks. They do a firework show twice a month in the harbour - it was cool.

Fly to Melbourne tomorrow, so will be able to caompare cities. I've been told Melbourne is a niced city, but also that it's cold and wet at the moment!
/will let you know....







Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



6th August 2011

skin care
I hope you're taking care of your pale northern skin under all that sunshine. ;-) Nice couple of pictures. The rock ledge looks terrifying though :-o
7th August 2011

hi
indeed i am taking care - bought a brolly in Hong Kong (parasol!)
8th August 2011

photos
I'm loving the update. I showed mam your blog, and she reckons you look very fit and relaxed on the beach, and sends her best wishes.

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb