A Canadian in Australia - thirty days. Day 18. Geelong, all about the Bollards!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Geelong
March 16th 2019
Published: March 16th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Left Halls Gap today and drove to Geelong. I had to see those bollards that Geelong is so famous for. Probably the attraction of the area. The Bay Walk Bollards is a trail through the waterfront from Eastern to Western Beach. Basically these bollards are a pieces of wood sculpted by artist Jan Mitchell. She chose figures of the area that provide a context and representation of life around Geelong historically. In total there are more than 100 figures you can see as you walk the Bay Walk Bollards. Interestingly, the sculptures are made from reclaimed timber pylons and transformed into works of art. All sites are numbered and each bollard display has a name - Portugese Sailor, Nurse, Fireman, Tram Conductress etc. I spent over two hours today trying to find as many as I could. I was so impressed I actually bought one! They are quite impressively sculpted. Now for the pictures. Have a look at Geelong's bollards!


Additional photos below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.298s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.2654s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb