Pimba (Wednesday 2nd July - Thursday 3rd July)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia
July 3rd 2008
Published: November 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After another seven hours in the car and with an additional 600kms behind us we pulled into the Pimba roadhouse. There was a basic camp area situated next to it. We decided that it would do and set up camp and headed to the roadhouse for dinner at ‘Spud’s Pub’. We thought that we had better dress up so we even wore our sneakers with our trackies! Although it was your basic middle of nowhere pub, we walked in to find a fireplace, small playground and of course beer, wine and food. What more could you ask for? With full stomachs we headed back for our last sleep in the van. We played our last round of bard games with the girls and settled in for an early night. Alas sleep evaded us as we woke to the attack of mozzies. Matt and I were up till 1:30 on watch and swat duty. On top of that, a generator ran all night right next to us and cars were driving in and out of the road house 24/7. We truly will appreciate arriving home tonight!
We woke early, downed our breakfast and packed up for the last time. We were all excited to get in the car and to be headed for home. What a surreal feeling, 3 months of travelling has come to an end.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb