Marla (Tuesday 1st July - Wednesday 2nd July)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Marla
July 2nd 2008
Published: November 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After five and a half hours of following the white line we pulled into Marla. The girls wore off some energy in a totem tennis tournament while dinner was being prepared. After our mild night in Alice our warm weather came abruptly to an end. It was freezing overnight! Carrie started the night in t-shirt and ended in trackies, t-shirt, long sleeve top and hoodie. I woke to Matt’s laughter as he rolled over to see a face peeking out from the hood and wrapped tightly in the quilt.
I think we are definitely driving in the wrong direction as the hot clear days become more and more cloudy and the nights from mild to freezing. What are we doing?
We were keen to cover lots of km’s today and get as close to Pt Augusta as possible. We packed up and were about to head off when matt noticed the cars right hand rear tyre was flat. This was a minor hiccup to our plans requiring a tyre change and repair of the spare. Nethertheless we were back on the road, ready for another day in the car, just a bit later than planned.
What’s to say about the road in Northern SA except that it is flat and straight with very little vegetation. Not an overly scenic stretch of land!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb