The Great Barrier Reef


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
July 9th 2016
Published: July 14th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Visiting the Outer Barrier Reef
The much anticipated adventure of snorkelling and scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef had arrived.
Our day commencing by collecting our boarding passes at the Quick Silver Reception on the Marina and then boarding the boat at 0930hrs.
Fully aware of my sea sickness we sat outside at the rear of the boat and I took some ginger sea sickness tablets.
The boys getting an introductory course in scuba diving on the one and a half hour journey and the girls listening to the marine biologist lecture.
Tom throwing up and Kate nauseated, until we arrived to the outer reef pontoon.
We travelled to Agincourt Reef in the very outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef. Here the ribbon reef runs parallel to the continental shelf.
The entire Great Barrier Reef is world heritage listed. All fish, coals, shells and marine life is protected by law.
The 4th World Heritage site we have visited in Australia this trip.
The girls and I snorkelled all day except for when we ate our buffet lunch. Ally eating more than her share, whilst I ate more than enough prawns.

The reef colours and fish beautiful and unique.

The boys all scuba diving with an instructor and exploring the deeper area of the reef.

A great day at the reef we changed out of our swim wear, got back onto the boat and sat outside at the front of the boat . No sea sickness.

A quick drink back at the marina and home for dinner.

Another part of our journey completed. From here we head south at a very rapid pace. As we are a whole week behind schedule.





Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0935s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb