Cairns to Port Douglas


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Port Douglas
July 8th 2016
Published: July 11th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Cairns to Port Douglas
The travel from Cairns to Port Douglas only a relatively short distance, however we stopped and sight see'd along the way.
Departing at 0908hrs, odometer 95233, temperature 15 degrees celsius.
Our first sea side stop was Yorkeys Knob a place that we had stayed on a previous visit to Cairns.

Yorkeys Knob is a northern suburb of Cairns. It is approximately 13 kilometres north of the centre of Cairns city. We took fuel here at 1.27 cents per litre.
Next we travelled to Palm Cove a very popular holiday destination. Here we walked the Jetty and at lunch at a sea side restaurant.
On the road again we reached the Big 4 caravan park at Glengarry, south of Port Douglas. The kids checking out the water park with slide into the pool and jumping pillow. The toilet a 300 metre walk from the caravan, however facilities rated a 8/10.
Set up, we went sight seeing.
The town even more developed for tourism than when we had previously visited.
In peak tourist season Port Douglas populations swells by 8000 people.
Sugar Cane farming the other major industry.
The old St Mary's by the Sea Church still in place by the foreshore and marina.
We had afternoon tea in a lovely little cafe and bought some souvenirs.
A walk in the picturesque 4mile beach as the sun went down made for a even more relaxed day.

Back at camp dinner and a movie in the van we settled down for the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 19; qc: 73; dbt: 0.1104s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb