Whitsunday Sailing


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
May 15th 2003
Published: September 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Sunsetting on another gorgeous daySunsetting on another gorgeous daySunsetting on another gorgeous day

Ocean, beers, warm weather, beaches. Basic living, who needs mobile phones & DVD's?
Leaving Airlie beach (the town that has no beach) in the morning on our vessel (the matador) the biggest racing yacht in the world!. We were lead into the Whitsunday islands off the coast of queensland by a pod of Dolphins at the front of the boat, amazed to see them everytime.

We anchored at many points around the island but Whitehaven!! WOW unreal, probably the most idilic scenery i have ever come across, we alighted the yacht and explored the island finally settling on Whitehaven beach. Something to rival Lake McKenzie on Fraser Island, the most brilliant grainy white sand with fringing light transparent turquoise ocean, so clear and fresh looking i wanted to drink it. This is truely unreal beauty. I feel so lucky to have been here. Nature at its best, as we waded into the inviting ocean we were constantly surrounded by bright yellow stingrays. Honestly there was so much colour here it was breath taking. We were dissapointed to have to leave but when you are leaving to go and drink VB on a yacht and tour other island how dissapointed can you be?

We carried on our sailing with numerous snorkelling stops around
Whitehaven beachWhitehaven beachWhitehaven beach

My feet are allergic to sea water so i adapt and learn to enjoy the sea anyway i can
the surrounding corals and frequently spotted more dolphins and even the odd turtle!!.

Its sometimes a struggle to appreciate things the way you feel you should when you see so much that is considered to be special and beautiful. Going from fraser island to the whitsundays is a constant bombardment to your senses and therefore lessens the effect. It would probably be better to travel to these kinds of places alternating them with dull and visually unimpressive locations such as ????

I am truing having the time of my life out here, coming from London, the Whitsundays have a strong effect on you. Such a stark contrast, all the bright colours fresh air and marine life is gobsmacking. We decided to toast the moment on our boat with 16 cans of VB!! as they say in london----Lovely Jublee!!!.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Whitsunday IslandWhitsunday Island
Whitsunday Island

One of the top 5 beaches in the world
Ahoy there shipmateAhoy there shipmate
Ahoy there shipmate

I lost a wager that day and had to go out to the pub in this stinger suit when we returned to Airlie Beach. Quite a nice little number if you ask me.


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb