Sunny Darwin!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin » City of Darwin
August 17th 2009
Published: August 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Once we hit Darwin and had a look around we thought we would stay around here for a while because it reminded us of home (well Mandurah actually) Oh and because my mum and dad are flying up to visit us all YIPPEE!!!!!!! I soo can't wait to see the look on Axel's face when he see's them cause we havn't told him and kept it as a suprise.

We booked into 1 caravan park for 1 week and after 3 days we had enough as there was no grass, just sand which ment "sand flies" and gee they were hungry!!!! and also the airport was right across the road and when a planes take off we know about it no matter if its 1 in the arvo or 3 in the morning GRRR!!!!

So after that week we moved up the road to another caravan park which has grassed grounds, better pool and further away from the airport so better sleeping at night 😊

They say that there is nothing to do here in Darwin but there is soo much and most of it FREE, there is a wave pool in town which only costs $5 to get in (going there today) another water playground that is full of water slides for all ages, a deep pool and a huge kick-ass play ground for kids (FREE) it's like a mini wet-n-wild water park. There is also museum's that show alot of WW2 and Cyclone Tracey and "Sweetheart" NT most famous Croc!!!
There is also alot of markets in town but 1 is more famous than the rest. Mindil Beach Sunset Markets and this place gets packed!!!! about 3,000 people come here on Thursday and Sunday nights. Thay have all your normal market purchases but most of it is food, and what a choice!!!!

Well thats just about it so far that we have done here in Darwin but will keep u posted!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb