Oi oi oi...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
May 28th 2009
Published: May 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Again, apologies for being so crap at keeping this thing up-to-date. May is now off bungy-jumping so thought I'd take the opportunity to update this.

Second part of Australia...

So we arrived in Byron Bay on 30th April and surprisingly sat on the beach. Due to there being the annual Mardi Grass (yes, Mardi Grass) festival in Nimbin there was no campsite space for us and our campervan so for a couple of nights we had to sleep by the roadside - how naughty of us! We stayed in Byron for a few days soaking up the atmosphere.

The next few days in New South Wales were very disappointing - Coff's Harbour, Port Macquarie and Newcastle were nothing to get excited about, mainly because the weather was getting cold. We did visit a koala hospital in Port Macquarie which was interesting.

After that disappointment we headed to the Hunter Valley which was stunning. We did the obligitaory activities - wine tasting and appreciation as well as a tour of a brewery.

The next day we drove to Sydney and said goodbye to the campervan :-( We got the night bus to Melbourne and arrived about 8 in the morning. In the afternoon we went to... Ramsey Street! We had a very bizarre tour guide - she was obsessed with Neighbours and the tour itself was very random too. None the less, we had a good time. In the evening we met up with Kate (who we had met in Asia) and went to an Aussie Rules game. We had no idea what was going on but it was a very enjoyable evening and the atmospehere in the Ethiad stadium was ace.

Whilst in Melbourne Kate drove us along the Great Ocean Road - absolutely stunning scenery. That evening we got the night bus back to Sydney to meet up with Hilary (May's friend from home).

We stayed in Coogee Beach the first night but soon moved on to King's Cross, nearer to central Sydney. We visited Bondi (very disappointing) and also walked by the Opera House and Harbour Bridge, as well as taking the ferry to Manly. We also had a long walk through the Blue Mountains - again the scenery was stunning.

Some photos of New South Wales and Melbourne...


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Ramsey Street 1Ramsey Street 1
Ramsey Street 1

Paul Robinson's House
Ramsey Street 2Ramsey Street 2
Ramsey Street 2

Me and May at Ramsey Street


Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb