Sydney Cycling and Sightseeing


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
May 20th 2014
Published: July 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Iconic Opera HouseIconic Opera HouseIconic Opera House

Welcomes over 1800 innovative local and international artists every year
Geo: -33.8671, 151.207

We had plans for another full day of activity so an early start was necessary. Our morning started with a relaxing breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and bacon with tea and hot chocolate. Just what was needed to prepare for a bike ride. We caught a bus to Centennial Park learning in the process that it's necessary to flag the buses down in order for the driver to stop and pick you up. Arriving at our destination we got our bikes and headed to the park which was just down the street. Centennial Park is a very large park in a residential setting. It was crowded with people cycling, running, walking, and horse back riding. There are designated bike trails throughout the park. There are well manicured flower gardens even though this is Fall. Centennial Park is a popular attraction in Sydney.

After completing our ride we headed back to the Central Business District to have lunch and recharge our energy level. First on our agenda for the afternoon was to visit the Sydney Opera House. It is as grand to view in person as the photos portray. The building is beautiful as well as the views of the harbour and the Sydney Harbour Bridge. From our vantage point we could see several people who chose to climb the bridge to experience the thrill and take in the views from on top. There is a great deal of boat traffic in this area,called Circular Quay, since this is the hub for ferries to different locations nearby, water taxis, dinner cruises and water fun rides. All along the waterfront and around the Opera House there is a promenade. Again there is a wide range of choices for dining, drinking and snacking.

Adjacent to the Opera House is The Royal Botanical Garden. We wandered through several of the paths in here which had beautiful flower gardens. Even though this is the Fall season there were men planting flowers and putting out flowers in planters.

The Rocks was out next stop. It is another neighborhood in this area near the waterfront. The streets are lined with shopping, offices , and restaurants. The streets here are at different elevations and the climbs become pretty steep.

We had another full day in Sydney. It's time for a short rest before heading out for dinner.




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb