Sunshine and Water


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
May 19th 2014
Published: July 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -33.8671, 151.207

Another beautiful sunshiny day took us down to the water. We spent several hours walking around Darling Harbour, Cockle Bay Wharf and Harbourside Wharf. All of the boardwalks and promenades along these waterfronts are lined with restaurants and shopping. In many instances these are multi level establishments with food, coffee bars, drink bars and shopping on each level. The atmosphere around the water is very festive.

Also in this area of the city we visited Paddy's Market which was closed today so we plan a return visit. Our wanderings took us through China Town, again lined with stores and restaurants. It was pretty early in the day so the majority of these businesses were just preparing to open. It takes some of them a while to set up since their eating areas are outdoors and at night they take all the furniture inside and then bring it all outside the next day.

We spent some time checking out the Star Hotel and Casino. It was huge inside and rather empty. I'm not sure if it's because of the time of day or what the reason is because at home they are always crowded. Similar to Melbourne it was decorated with a lot of mirrors and glass.

The sights we saw today covered a lot of territory. Everything is so well maintained and clean. There are street sweepers out all times of the day and the garbage trucks were even working on Sunday. In this area there was also construction going on. They are building a new convention center.

In the evening after dinner we joined the crowds walking on George Street to check out the activity after dark. It's just as lively as during the day.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.27s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb