Arrival in Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
May 18th 2014
Published: July 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -33.8671, 151.207

Rise and Shine! We caught a 4 a.m. bus to take us us to the Avalon Airport for a 6 a.m. flight to Sydney. This was a smaller airport than the one we arrived at in Melbourne. Passengers were sitting all over the airport even in the cafe until boarding was announced. You could view the inside of the entire terminal from sitting anywhere. We also had to walk outside to climb some stairs to board the plane. The flight was good and we had tail winds which got us to Sydney earlier. The flight only took about an hour and 5 minutes.

From the airport we caught a train to the Central Business District and located our hotel within a short walking distance. The hotel was very accommodating in arranging to have our room ready on our early arrival.

Our first stop after getting settled in was for some delicious hot chocolate and breakfast. This stop provided us with the opportunity to look over our maps and plans for the day. We didn't have much on our agenda for today since we like to stroll around some and get our bearings .

In the morning we covered a lot of territory on foot, checking out the neighborhood we are staying in. Again there is a lot of shopping close by but since it was early on Sunday morning many of the shops were not open yet but over the course of our walk most had opened. Many of the people on the street with us were runners and their supporters because the CBD half marathon took place this morning.

In the afternoon we caught a bus to The Pyrmont Festival in Pirrama Park. This was a wine, food, and art festival. This park was located on the Pyrmont Bay so the surroundings were beautiful. The festival was well attended and great for families. They had food, drink, entertainment and even a petting zoo for the kids. The weather was perfect for being outside in the sunshine near the water!

We eventually made our way back to the Central Business District and decided it was time to call it a day. Another great day!



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Strand ArcadeStrand Arcade
Strand Arcade

Retail shopping
Pirramad Park Live MusicPirramad Park Live Music
Pirramad Park Live Music

Art and Wine Tasting Festival


18th May 2014

Everything looks beautiful. Wish we were there!

Tot: 0.288s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb