Discovering more treasures in Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
May 17th 2014
Published: July 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -37.8143, 144.963

We set out early this morning to begin our last day in Melbourne. The streets were not nearly as crowded and we thought it was because of the early hour. Soon enough we realized it was because it is Saturday. It's easy to lose track of the date and days of the week when you are on vacation. It wasn't long before the crowds grew to the numbers of the previous days.

After a relaxing breakfast where there was even time to read a newspaper we headed over to Southbank along the Yarra River. The area again has it's share of restaurants and shopping. The shops here were high end. Southbank is also home to the Crown Hotel which houses the local Casino. The interior was truly sparkling. Everything is mirrored and glass. At home the casinos are always crowded but this one was pretty empty. The majority of people seemed to be surrounding the gaming tables.

Another of our destinations today was Hosier Lane. This is a series of a couple of alleyways that are filled with graffiti. In some locations the artists were at work. The scent of spray paint filled the air.

Moving from one location to another takes time because of the crowds and sights along the way including the street performers. Today we saw keyboard players, singers, musicians and a unicylcle/comedian/juggler/circus performer. He was very talented and drew a large crowd. Some of the people are performer wanna be's but they aren't that great. But they are pursuing their dreams!

Our evening was spent enjoying an Italian dinner of salad, garlic bread and lasagna. The name of the restaurant was Cafe Andiamo. We were sitting in an outdoor area since the weather here is unseasonably warm. After the very good dinner we strolled up and down Swanston Street for one last time along with all the other hundreds of people. It's always so interesting to people watch!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0154s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb