Relocation


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 14th 2009
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -33.8671, 151.207

The transfer from Singapore to Sydney was a smooth operation. The check in desk at Singapore was the best ever- immediate and while sat in armchairs. The lounge was superb but then the flight was delayed by an hour but it didnt matter. Overnight flight to Sydney so once again it was film watching and then chatting with the air steward in the bar. Sydney immigration is chaotic long queues thro' passport control and then different exits with no clear signage as to which exit with which bit of paper. Taxi to Bulli which is about an hours drive south of Sydney. Our daughter lives high on the escarpment of rainforest close to the sea. The back garden has a steep slope leading into national park with Cockatoos and parrots of various hues. It is full of Eucalypts which give shade but do shed their leaves constantly over the decking. We took a trip to the Illarwarra Fly Tree Top Walk a new attraction with a strong metal walkway with lovely views over the forest and coast. Back to Wollongong for lunch. There is a lovely harbour with Pelicans and lighthouse and a fishmarket if you want fresh seafood. It is a large town with good shops , beaches and restaurants. We had lunch at the Harbourfront restaurant which does terrific sea food- mixed hot entree sea food platter 42 dollars for two. Main courses were about 30 dollars and all good.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0192s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb