A minor mistake


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 16th 2009
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -33.8671, 151.207

We were up at the crack of dawn to get from Bulli to Sydney airport, only to find that we had arrived a day too early! Feeling real twits we checked in at the nearest hotel to the airport and went onto plan B, which was to have a day out in Sydney. First we went up the Sky Tower which on a clear day does offer great views of the city. There is an associated Oztek experience which is part of the ticket but is a real disappointing experience. They have the technology to really educate but failed miserably so to do. After that we walked down to Circular Quay and caught the ferry to Manly. This is a lovely way to see the city from the river. There is not a huge amount at Manly shops, beach and odd bars. The best restaurant is the new one at the Quay, where we had a seafood medley and bottle of wine sat on the quayside. Just as well we were under large umberellas as it suddenly poured with rain. The rain had stopped after lunch so after a walk round we caught the ferry back. As we had a few hours to kill before going back to the hotel, we decided to go to the cinema on George St to see Australia with Nicol Kidman and Hugh Jackman. Terrific film- funny,sad cliff hanging bits, and great views of the Northern Territories - worth seeing. As it was late we grabbed a bite to eat in nearby Chinatown, which is reasonably priced and good food, before going back to the hotel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0818s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb