Ourworld tour Part 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 3rd 2017
Published: March 3rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Friday March 3, 2017



When you travel from San Francisco to Sydney, tomorrow is 2 days later. Although I have done these trips more than once, but the time differences remain confusing.

We are now 16 hours ahead of Miami and 10 ahead of The Netherlands. I make these numbers explicit here to avoid anybody calling us at ungodly hours, not taking into consideration these time difference. And another thing, don't call to our regular telephone number, but if you call us use facetime or whatsapp. Calling to our regular numbers will not make your call more expensive to you, but ourcost will skyrocket due to roaming charges.

Writing this note we are installed in a very nice boutique hotel in the centre of Sydney. Climate is nice as far as temperature is concerned (23 C or some 73 F), but it rains quite a bit. When we tried to get out this afternoon, although we were armed with umbrellas provided by the hotel, we were forced to go back to where we came from before we got to the first corner. Very unpleasant; shoes wet, pants wet, etc. Interesting was to observe that the locals apparently do not mind to get wet; must be in better health than we are.

Later on, the rain subsided somewhat and I went out on my own and took a walk to Sydney's most know ikon, the Operahouse; an impressive structure! Since we are going to see the building tomorrow again in a tour, I just took a picture and walked back to the hotel.

On my way back, I saw two things that draw my attention, people walking on top of a large round bridge and a water taxi. I will investigate the "bridge walkers" some more tomorrow, but the red boat being called a yellow water taxi left me thinking about color blindness.

The night flight out of San Francisco left us tired and jetlagged, so we decided to make it an early night today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0201s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb