Our world tour Part 2


Advertisement
Published: March 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday March 1, 2017



As I said yesterday "wine related it will be". I had never imagined how much wine it would be. Not that we drank a lot, but being in Napa Valley, everything seems to gear around wine. Wineries and wine tasting opportunities all over the place. Really impressive!! It had one major drawback nevertheless, finding a good cup of coffee is difficult.

The only wine tasting we participated in was in a real medieval castle "castello di amaroso" in the town of Calistoga. Very interesting and very well done. It was built by the owners of The Castello winery in 1993, using raw materials brought from Europe.

The rest of the day we toured around and finally ended up n Sonoma, apparently the hart of the Napa Valley. In line what we did in the Los Angeles area a couple of months ago, we visited a mission, the Mission of San Francisco Solano the most northen Jesuit mission in California. One of two missions not in hand of the catholic church, but the state of California. No real explanation for the difference between ownerships. This mission is relatively small in comparison with the ones in Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, etc., but very well and authentically maintained.

I am writing todays note on the airport of San Francisco, where we will leave in a couple of hours for Sydney. It looks as if we will finally get there.

Let you know in 2 days how our flight was....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb