Our world tour part 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Napa Valley
February 28th 2017
Published: March 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday February 28, 2017

We started again where we had left off, sort off that is. Our world tour was interrupted last year in New Zealand and we traveled back to the US, where we ended up spending time in the area of Los Angeles. Now we have started again, but did so in San Fransciso.

A very early rise to get the "red eye" flight at 7.30 out of Miami to San Francisco, which meant that we had to get up at 4.45. "What do you mean vacation?"

We went of to a bad start, leaving home and entering the highway, a simple question brought a brief spel of panic: "Did you bring the passports?" You guesed the answer: they were in my backpack sitting on the couch at home. Luckily the question was popped early on so we could make it home and to the airport on time to catch the flight. Helpful in these situations is that being an honored traveler of American Airline we get shown a number of privileges that shorten the check in, immigration and security check procedures. I think to day we broke a record: from arriving at the airport and passing through all following procedures took us about 7 minutes. Thank you AA.

Before traveling to Sydney, we have decided to stay a day in the San Francisco area, Napa valley to be precise. Very nice, but somewhat chilly (10-13 degrees Celsius, 50-55 F) for Miami residents. Before traveling to Napa we decided to visit one of the best known places in San Francisco, Fisherman's Wharf, for lunch. We will be doing a bit more tourism in SF when we travel back.

Since Our flight leaves at 11.30 PM, Tomorrow we almost have a full day of activity in the area: "Wine related it will be!"

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb